Is it possible to live this way? Perhaps you’ve just discovered that your mate has betrayed you and you feel like you’ve been kicked in the stomach, or perhaps you’ve known for quite a long time but still feel the weight of what has happened like octopus arms hanging all around you. Betrayal might even be something that is a part of your distant past, but the fact that you have come to this site reveals the presence of some lingering interest on your part. Wherever you are in your journey, you will find help and encouragement on these pages.
Welcome to a site dedicated to helping you find peace, comfort, healing, growth and triumph right in the middle of wherever you are in your journey with betrayal. We will say many times, “Betrayal is something that has happened to you…it does not define you.” It is one of the most painful things an individual and a couple can ever face in their relationship, but you didn’t need me to tell you that!
What is Betrayal?
- It is finding out that the person you thought you could trust, could hurt you more than anyone on the planet.
- It is discovering your sense of security in a relationship destroyed.
- It is the beginning of questioning everything you thought you knew.
- It is an event or series of events that has the ability to cause physical, emotional, mental and spiritual impairment.
- It is discovering a level of pain you did not know existed.
- It is questioning if you are loved or if you have ever been loved.
- It is questioning what is real.
- It is finding yourself in the middle of an emotional tornado where you cannot find stable footing.
- It is something that can make you question your sanity.
- It is trauma.
What is Betrayal Not?
- It is not your fault.
- It is not a sign that you are unlovable.
- It is not the end of everything good in your life.
- It is not the end of love in your life.
- It is not the end of happiness for you.
- It does not mean you must be alone.
- It does not mean you cannot have a healthy relationship.
- It does not change the essence of who you are.
- It does not steal your future.
An affair happens to you…it does not define you.
Do you know what defines you? You do…your choices, your hopes, your dreams, your values…the things you stand for, the way you respond to difficulties. The most exciting part of this is the fact that you are the one who is fully in control of how you work through this. It may not feel like it. In fact, this may feel like a time in your life when you have less control than you have ever had, but that simply is an illusion. Be watching for the next post, “Who’s Mowing My Yard?” for a little story that will help you feel more empowered and give you more courage to move forward as you heal and grow.
Won’t you join me as we work together to find healing and growth? The length of time there has been since you discovered the affair(s) will affect where you are in the healing process and wherever you are, connecting to others who have dealt with this same issue can be strengthening and encouraging.
Please feel free to contact me to set up private or group counseling sessions. Also go to the Facebook link to learn more and come back here frequently to find new articles containing help for your journey… your journey while living…beyond betrayal.